Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Elder Jones

Ok so last letter concluded that I had a discouraging week but it wasn’t that bad. This week really made up for it though. We had Elder Jones from the 2nd Quorum of the Seventies for a fireside and then Zone Conference. The spirit taught me and lead me to say what they needed to hear as we were teaching our investigators. For The Patterson (a Part Member) family it was to let them know that their relationship was one of the best I ever seen. By that comment his heart his opening and he love having us over. He even came to his first Church function the fireside with Elder Jones. It was on missionary work and Bryan Patterson said it was all very spiritual and Elder Jones is a very learned man. He is looking forward to having us over for some gospel conversation. There were some things said in the fireside that was directed toward Bryan that he needed to hear and that was only because Elder Jones followed the spirit.

I’m learning a lot about how and when you say things. It all on the lord time and you have to have the spirit helps you out. I can totally tell when I listen to the spirit and say what the savoir would say compared to when I think I got the lesson down and I go off my own knowledge, it’s a humbling experience.We just had a missionary return in this ward and his talk was an excellent talk about our loving heavenly father, it’s to bad our investigator chooses to ditch out on the ride we found them and cry in their bed instead of enrich their lives. Oh well we just feel so bad for the member who went to go pick them up and they didn’t come.

Oh how I love my companion. Her mom got her and I some glow sticks and we had a glow stick party before we headed off to bed. He he you all missed out. But I’m sure you all were having fun in Utah with the fam.It so great to have a single sister in the ward to come out with us. We have been taking out a lot of the members to get acquainted with our investigator so that they can feel welcome and the people love it, because they are normal. Cause we are two young sisters that just talk about Jesus to them.I have to tell you that I really love all of you and appreciate everything you do. I really love my mission, I love figuring out what theses West Virginia people need and helping them out. I love when we get to witness a change of heart. I love the changes in my own life as I devote all my time and energy to serve Heavenly Fathers children.

Love you all
Sister Barrand

No comments: