Sunday, August 12, 2007

This is a bad letter

Well well, I always feel like I have nogthing to say and this is the same old stuff over and over again, but it all exciting to me. I know by the time I get home I think I will have a tiny portion of what it takes to be a good missionary. All I can do know it try my hardest. This week was kind of pathetic for our investigators. We had to drop quite a few of them. They are so unwilling to try and put a little effort in putting God first. They’re priorities are all messed up.

Sister Larsen and I have worked really hard to simplify the gospel and promise them blessing but they don’t even try. You know I love my mission and all the wonderful people and their silly quarks but I realized that it is really hard to watch people miss out theses blessings. I thought everyone wanted a more happy life? I thought that people would pop out of the bushes pleading to know more about why LDS people are so grounded and love life. It’s sad to think about how people feel they know everything about Christ and they don’t need any more of Him in their lives. Ches, one of our investigators told us that he was going to go back to his old faith, after finding out and praying for himself the truths about our church. We wrote him a long letter which pretty much had all the lesson in it with our testimonies of this gospel. The spirit directed us to what we needed to say to Ches. It was a pretty powerful letter and I hope he ponders on it and comes to a conclusion for himself and not have his mother decide for him. We had a excellent zone conference on getting out of our comfort zone.

This reminds me of selling pest control. Something I thought I couldn’t do but would gain experience. I’m grateful for that experience. It reminds me of the sons of Mosiah (Mosiah 27:3)and how they could stand the thought of anyone not knowing about their Salvation. So they diligently went out and preached to everyone. Why can’t we all be a little more like them? It a commandment to love one another and if we follow this commandment we would care about others salvation, so why are we so afraid to open our months?

Now, don’t think that this just applies to us missionaries, because I know that’s what I thought before my mission. But since I been out I have been so excited to not return from a mission but to be a missionary all my life. We need the help of the members, it’s like the difference between using a shovel and a excavator. And you my friends and family are the excavator. And I’m not calling you fat but I’m calling you to help out. I know I sound preachy but I preach all day. So get out of your comfort zone and bare your testimony to a gentile. He he. I’m so horrible. I still love you all
Love
sister Barrand

No comments: