Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Three......... Sister

Thursday our new companion, Sister Emily Young arrived in our 5th avenue apartment. Sister Young is from the Salt Lake area. We met with Samson and Zack. We covered lesson three: The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Surprisingly, we taught well together for a trio. We were bold with them, and laid it out as best as we could. However, they may be better taught individually. Perhaps it will help them so that they can better accept commitments, and keep them! Saturday Sister Young’s bed arrived! For the past couple nights, we have been sleep overs in the front room, with one on the couch. Party!!! J/k.

With permission, we have been able to support Shavon Earp, at her Basketball games. She is a classy player, so it’s neat to watch her. No matter what calls are made- her reactions are steady and becoming. She exemplifies many Christ-like attributes, making it even more of a joy to watch the game.Sunday we taught Sean Carvalho before church, and then he stayed for Sacrament meeting. To his surprise he didn’t plan on staying for as long as He did… but the speakers talked about specific topics that we had addressed prior to.Monday we met with Jason Dobbins, a RC/LA. We talked about strong foundations and how to build them. We also shared some parts of a talk given by Bishop Dallas B. Clark last year in Buena Vista, VA. The point was that we often have more gas in our tanks than we may think. It was than compared to how we actually have more testimony of principles than we sometimes realize. [This part of Bishop Clarks’ talk entitled, ‘Testimony’ he had adapted from a C.E.S. fireside.] I found it encouraging not only for Jason but for me too, because it helps us see more of what we are doing right, instead of how far we have left to go.

Tuesday we had another uplifting Zone Conference at the Stake Center in Pembroke. We talked about the tree of life and were we need to be.Nephi 8:11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof ; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen.

I think of every time we get to share this sweet gospel I’m bringing someone else closer to partaking of that same sweet gospel. What a privilege I have to be out here right now and how much the lord trusts me with his children. It makes me just want to chuck the fruit to everyone coming along so they don’t have to go through the hard times but I know it’s the hard times that makes us stronger.
I love you all Sister Barrand"

No comments: