Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Loin Cloths

Well next week is transfers and this transfer went by quick. I think that I will be staying here in Parkersburg with Sister Ryder. Although there is talk of a threesome but I guess we will find out soon.Jennifer is a 13 year old girl nonmember that has been coming to church with Jessica D. since February. Every time we tried to set something up with her she would be upset because of Jessica uninviting her to activities and girls camp. Theses girls would get into physical fights and banter with one another. Jessica even though treated like an out cast would still come to church. The two girls were just better off not being friends.

Now that she been hanging out with other young woman and taking the lessons, her countenance has changed. She is not rowdy or rude, she sits peacefully with us and other families and her family saved up to buy her a shirt instead of the ripped jeans she previously had been wearing. Jennifer and has told the Hungates and us that she feels that this is the true church. After church she was asking about how she can become a member and what goes on if she is baptized. She also wants to go with the youth to the temple to do baptism for the dead. Wow what a change the spirit can have on a person. We have some new investigators, like Angela Kelley. She was driving around thinking about getting direction in her life and happened to pull up to our church building and called bishop Long.

We meet her and are teaching her. Is that the direction of the lord? I believe so. I’m sorry I know so. I just hope I stay here because things are going really well and people are progressing. On P-Day we went on a Beautiful killer 3 hour hike and I pulled two muscles in the first ten minutes and was kinda in pain the whole time, but it’s all good I kept going, but I will tell you something it’s a whole different ballgame when it hot and there is humidity. It’s really hott. The Elders were crazy they were jumping off cliff, throwing boulders, climbing trees, doing back flips off of trees, running down hill, and to top it off loin cloths to add to their attire. I’m just glad I’m not their mother. I kind of reminded me of Aussie.

I love you all
Sister Barrand

No comments: