Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Yeah for a great week!

I can’t even believe it everyone is having the cutest kids ever. This letter might be short cause I was side tracked by all the cute photo’s and videos. Man it looks like tons of fun. Although I will tell you of the tons of Fun I’m having. For reals this week have been so so good. Heather has finally said yes to be baptized on Nov 25. We know it far away, but she has the right mind set and the goal in front of her. Because of her Husbands struggles we are going to praying for strength for her to endure these few years of marriage. So Jake has been a worry for awhile now and we are finally seeing some changes. He doesn’t even what to talk about J-dubs anymore, compared to that’s all he wanted to talk about. Instead of fighting and trying to prove these things to be true, his heart is softening up and he doesn’t fight us he now just wants to understand.

He came up with his own goal to come to church every week no matter what comes his way. ( which is huge for him) the spirit was there as we taught, you could feel the peace. He’s been talking about when he become a member, so that is a good sign. The only thing is, is he felt like the Elders before us force baptism on him according to there transfer time. So he wants to take his time. But thing are going really well with his Daughter Gorgine. She came to Stake Conference which was amazing I love both sessions. They were all about teaching. It makes me all excited to get out there and teach as many people as we can and to have lots of kids to teach. Sister Larsen and I have been making up song lately, our number one hit is in the making but I will tell you it is about Chastity and Repentance so until we finalize it I can give you the information. Sorry. It’s going to be good. Oh so exciting !!!! We have been wanted to meet with the Ash family for about 3 months now and we have been stopping by every once and a while been never been able to teach their son Logan. Logan is best friends with Heath Haws who just left on a mission. Now we had kinda given up on Logan cause he moved to go to school and we didn’t cover that area but in the tender Mercies of the Lord. Heath Haws was sent home for a couple of days because of mono.

Now we were able to teach Logan, Logan’s Mom (Kelly) and Logan’s little brother all about what we believe in with Heath Haws and our Heath’s newly Returned Missionary Brother David Haws (our ward Mission Leader).The Lesson was powerful with 3 missionaries and a returned missionary. You would think that all of us in there would fight over the thing to say but it was taught by the spirit and we address her interests. Oh I almost forgot to tell you instead of burning something for my year mark I chopped off my hair to be like my beautiful sisters. So that’s something I never thought I would do but I did it. I kept debating yes, no yes, no all the way until I sat in the chair. It’s crazy I know but you got to believe me on this one. Oh and there is a Sister Missionary that we just figured out that we were in the same Prom group. It was when I went to Cherry Creeks Prom with Chris Taylor. I can’t believe that we found each other out here. Oh I just love being out her and I’m so grateful for such a wonderful family and friends that lead me to be able to serve the lord.

There is a girl in the ward that was in a similar position as I was with a call and an engagement and she chose the engagement and now is going through a painful divorce with a return missionary. Needles to say it is so important to follow the Spirit. If you don’t feel good about something don’t given in thinking there is going to be a easy way out. I’m so glad I am out here, you have know idea what this mission has done for me. I Know this to be the greatest work and I know I am here for that reason. thank you for your examples.
Love you all
S. Barrand
Thanks for all the pictures. That really makes my day Congrats Dan and Dave!That baby is soooo cute.when is Marica Due?

No comments: